SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online shops like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more, and to provide solutions to industry partners, including endto-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions for brands and federations, connecting and enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
We recently announced that we will go public through a business combination agreement with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation (NYSE: YAC). The combination also includes the acquisition of the WiggleCRC Group, one of the largest online bike retailers globally, currently owned by Bridgepoint. The combined entity will become the largest pure-play sports e-commerce and technology platform company by revenue, with expected net revenues of approximately $1.6 billion in the financial year ending on September 30, 2021, serving over 7 million active customers, 1,000+ brand partners, 500+ connected retail stores, and more than 15 million sports community users globally.
This is an exciting and broad-reaching Communications role at the heart of a fast-growing e-
commerce and technology business. With complete ownership of all public relations and internal communications activities, you will need to develop and launch a calendar of regular campaigns to promote SIGNA Sports United (SSU), our strategy and our key messages in the media and internally. In a group like ours, uniting the most successful sport equipment e-commerce companies in bike and tennis as well as strongly growing in Outdoor and Teamsport, based on a sound technological fundament and with ambitious growth targets, communication is key! Externally you will be responsible for positioning SSU as a leader in sports e-commerce and technology and ensuring the right messages land in front of the right stakeholders, including our people, potential hires, investors and clients.
Internally you will be responsible for delivering key strategic messages, initiatives and regular
updates for all SSU employees. You will play a key role in larger change projects as well as in M&A and post-Merger Integration . Working with key stakeholders, your role will be to inform and engage colleagues with positive and, at times, challenging messages.
Reports to: Chief People Officer
Main Stakeholders: Group Chief Executive Officer, Group Chief Strategy Officer
Key Interfaces: You will work very closely with our Communications and Marketing Leaders in the Business Verticals
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· Establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy
· Oversee corporate communications in various online and print platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and industry magazines
· Develop corporate language and maintain integrity across all platforms
· Act as corporate spokesperson and manage media relations, maintaining contact with media members, influencers, and community leaders
· Prepare and manage all communications material
· Assists executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate messages
· Drive the internal communication strategy and maintain regular communication formats
· Collaborate closely with our communication, marketing, brand and design teams in the Business Units and align on overall communications strategy
· Develop Employer Branding strategy and activities
· Lead the creation of digital, video, audio and print content
· Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions
· Manage presence at industry events, trade shows, and conferences
· Own the budget for communications initiatives and ensure compliance
· Masters degree in communications, marketing or a related discipline
· 7-plus years of communications, marketing or public relations or related experience
· Exceptional strategic communications skills
· Confident and trusted advisor who can provide proactive and reactive communications advice and counsel to senior stakeholders
· Experience in working closely with the executive management team and investor relations to support the broader company strategy
· Ability to create meaningful campaigns which align with the business strategy and commercial goals
· Strong relationships within either European and / or U.S. media
· Proficiency in working alongside and managing relationships with agencies and industry bodies, as well as strong social media and digital experience
· Experience in leading change communication in transformations and / or M&A
· Teamplayer with an entrepreneurial mindset and a hands-on mentality used to fast-paced and hyper-growth environments
· Strategic mindset, long-term-planning with passion for detail and excellence
· First-class written skills in English and the ability to translate complex content into engaging copy for both internal and external audiences
· Proficiency and written skills in German a plus
· Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcome!
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
Please send your application to: Dorit Schindler, Group Chief People Officer Signa Sports United, mailto:email@example.com